Thursday, September 5, 2013

The Last 7 Days


  • In the last seven days, I could've zip-lined, but I was terrified. The zip-line tower was two or three stories high. Some kids said, "Do it! Zipline! What're you scared?" I told them I was very, very scared. 
  • Rode my bike by an SUV limo on Clark St. that smelled like absolute dog shit. Powerful!
  • Went out on Lake Michigan on a boat (a tiny yacht?) called the Free Spirit. A guy named Capt. Joe owns it. Lots of alpha-males and liquor, but delicious catered food from Greektown, too. When I jumped in the water with everyone else, to show I was not scared, Capt. Joe threw an inner tube at me. "Jesus Christ," he said, "you look like you're drowning." 
  • I went to the library to get a comic book called Old Man Logan. It's a Wolverine comic where Wolverine is an angry old man and there are Hulk babies everywhere. In the comic, Wolverine cannot be killed but usually wants to die. He drinks whiskey and stabs people all the time. I see a Catholic saint in there somewhere. At the Lozano Library, my local branch, I saw that my Wolverine comic was not on hold as the CPL website told me. When I asked a librarian for help, she buzzed around the room checking spots, then asked, "Wait, Wolverine? Oh, I bet a kid has it. That movie just came out. All the neighborhood boys have been snatchin up those comics." "Oh they certainly have," said her co-worker. So that's why I couldn't read Wolverine.  

No comments:

Post a Comment